Δείτε ποιοι επώνυμοι άφησαν τη showbiz και κλείστηκαν σε μοναστήρι!

Δείτε ποιοι επώνυμοι άφησαν τη showbiz και κλείστηκαν σε μοναστήρι!

Γνώρισαν τη δόξα, τράβηξαν για καιρό τα φώτα της δημοσιότητας πάνω τους, έζησαν ένα «παραμύθι», αλλά στη συνέχεια ακολούθησαν το δρόμο του θεού, το δρόμου του μοναχισμού!

Με αφορμή την υπόθεση της νεαρής ηθοποιού που επέλεξε να ακολουθήσει τον δρόμο του Θεού, σας παρουσιάζουμε κάποιες από τις ιστορίες γνωστών ανθρώπων που πέρασαν τις πύλες μοναστηριών.

Η Αλεξανδριανή Σικελιανού, η ηθοποιός που έγινε γνωστή από τη σειρά «Πρόβα νυφικού», άφησε μια λαμπρή καριέρα για να αφοσιωθεί στον Θεό. Αντί να ακολουθήσει τη δόξα, η ηθοποιός πήρε τον δρόμο του Θεού και έφτασε έως τα Ιεροσόλυμα. Αιτία για την απομάκρυνσή της από τα εγκόσμια λέγεται ότι στάθηκε μια ερωτική απογοήτευση που βίωσε!

Η δε Γεωργία Αποστόλου, συντετριμμένη από τον χαμό του πρώην συντρόφου της με τον οποίο διατηρούσε άψογες σχέσεις, παράτησε τα πάντα και αφοσιώθηκε στον Θεό. Σήμερα δεν ξέρει κανείς αν η ηθοποιός είναι ακόμη σε μοναστήρι ή επέστρεψε στα εγκόσμια.

Η Άννια Φυσσούν, κόρη του Πέτρου Φυσσούν και εγγονή του αείμνηστου Κώστα Χατζηχρήστου, ή πια μοναχή Πορφυρία, πέρασε πριν από περίπου μία επταετία την πύλη του μοναστηριού. Η μοναχή Πορφυρία βρίσκεται σε μια μονή στην Εύβοια, η οποία τον χειμώνα αποκόβεται εντελώς από τον έξω κόσμο.

Τέλος η Ναταλία Λιονάκη, που έγινε γνωστή από τη σειρά «Σαράντα κύματα» αναζήτησε τη γαλήνη στην Ιερά Μονή Θεογεννήτορος έξω από το Ηράκλειο της Κρήτης. Η υπόθεσή της απασχόλησε τα ΜΜΕ για αρκετό διάστημα. Τελικά, η Ναταλία Λιονάκη έμεινε ως δόκιμη στο μοναστήρι για περίπου πέντε μήνες, δεν άντεξε και επέστρεψε στα εγκόσμια, αλλά μακριά όμως από τα φώτα της δημοσιότητας.

Malabar beach glows blue following red algae invasion

Source: News

Malabar beach

David Psaila captured amazing shots of the ‘blue lantern’ at Malabar beach. Source: News Limited

AFTER the eastern beaches coastline resembled the Red Sea last Tuesday, the “night lantern” visited Sydney’s Malabar beach that evening.

These photos have not been digitally enhanced – in fact, photographer Dr David Psaila said the water was an even more spectacular colour blue than that shown in these images, the Southern Courier reports.

“The organism responsible, Noctiluca Scintillans known as “night lantern” is very aptly named, as it will luminesce a bright blue when it is disturbed by waves,” he said.

The Chifley scientist said the red algae that crept along the east coast last week contained a chemical called luciferin which was a common protein found in bioluminescent animals.

Malabar beach

David Psaila captured amazing shots of the ‘blue lantern’ at Malabar beach.

“It’s a chemical reaction that causes light,” he said. “It is often found in deep sea creatures and is the exact same chemical that causes fire flies to glow.”

Dr Psaila said although he had seen this effect before but never to this degree.

“The reason why there are probably not seeing it at other beaches is that those beaches would have a lot more lights around so its really hard to see whereas at Malabar – you see the waves rolling in and they are all blue,” he said.

Malabar beach

David Psaila captured amazing shots of the ‘blue lantern’ at Malabar beach.

The property is on the market for $80,000 and one of several “dugout” homes for sale in Coober Pedy, 846km north of Adelaide

Beast of a pad: Man cave going cheap

For sale

Several dugout homes are for sale in Coober Pedy / File

STEP straight outside your door onto pristine sand from this five-bedroom pad, which has open-plan living, multiple entertaining areas and complete privacy from neighbours – all for less than $100,000.

The unique property is a short stroll to shops, close to the golf course and in a super quiet part of town. Sounds perfect. Or maybe not.

The catch? The home is underground, in the middle of the desert and short on features. In fact, it doesn’t even have windows or a kitchen. But it does have electricity so maybe think of it as a cave with lights.

Cave

That must be the front entrance … without a door, now that’s easy living.

Proving that real estate agents really can talk up any property – even a cave in the middle of nowhere – the “home” is advertised as secluded, a blank canvas for personal touches, offering “multiple family areas”. Family areas? Good luck convincing modern city kids to live in this rural gem.

The property is on the market for $80,000 and one of several “dugout” homes for sale in Coober Pedy, 846km north of Adelaide.

cave

Minimalistic decor in the guest room or is it a garage?

Most of the town’s 1700 residents live in underground homes to escape the opal capital’s extreme summer heat – temperatures reach 50 degrees in summer – and the total lack of shade, with few trees in Coober Pedy.

cave

Nice wide hallway with bedrooms off to the side.

Fans of the dugout say they are a renovator’s dream. That’s no surprise. Need a pantry? Dig a hole in the wall. Pantry not big enough? Dig a bit deeper.

Want a walk-in wardrobe? Dig a big hole. Another bedroom? Dig an even bigger hole. And there’s always the off chance of finding some opals.

 

Cave

This looks like it’s the backyard. Low maintenance and think of the serenity.

Shift in demand from new Greek migrants, says AGWS

AGWS establishes free migration agent information and referral service for incoming Greeks, at their AGM.

Shift in demand from new Greek migrants, says AGWS

L-R: Ivy Mimilidis-Fatouros (Hon Secretary), Voula Messimeri-Kianidis (Executive Director), Spiros Alatsas (Deputy Commissioner VMC), George Spiliotis (Vice President), Nicholas Katris (President) The Hon Nicholas Kotsiras, Maria Vamvakinou MP, Eugenia Grammatikakis (Treasurer) , Dr Magdalena Simonis (Board Member AGWS).

The Australian Greek Welfare Society’s General Meeting uncovered a new trend this year. With an influx of new Greek migrants, there has been new demand on services and some demand on services that were non-existent. With the relaxing of immigration laws for Greeks, the influx of demand has seen the Society re-open and create new services to meet demand.

Executive Director Voula Messimeri says the requests have led to more provisions being provided to those seeking assistance. “We have experienced a substantial demand for services by people who are new to Australia. AGWS has responded to the needs of this new group in our community by the provision of casework, counselling, emergency relief and the establishment of a free Migration Agent Information and Referral Service,” she says.

It is something President Nicholas Katris sees as surprising, when it looks like history is repeating itself. “The recent influx of migrants… has in many ways seen history repeat itself with AGWS casework services offering assistance to newly arrived-Greek migrants who are presenting with different needs,” he said. The Annual General Meeting was a chance for the President and Executive Director to properly say thanks for the hard work accomplished this year. Both acknowledged the amazing response from the community with their national radiothon raising $85,000, their biggest sum yet.

On top of that, the Society has taken on 259 new Greek speaking elders for their Community Partners Program and seen their Greek Legal Information and Referral Service continue into a 13th year. The Society has also delivered more than 26,000 hours of community and centre based respite care to carers, providing relief from their thankless work. 231 young and old people with disabilities were helped to stay engaged and remain in the community, with a total of almost 49,000 hours given to assist the activity groups in multiple locations.

The Society marked its 40th anniversary this year, showing a dedication to the Greek Community unsurpassed by other organisations. As Mr Katris says, AGWS was created for and is still about “lobbing the rights of migrants and their children and improve services particularly in the areas of education, health, welfare, childcare and language services”.

Bank of Cyprus renames itself Delphi Bank

Say hello to Delphi Bank

Say hello to Delphi Bank

The Bank of Cyprus has chosen to rebrand itself and will now be known as Delphi Bank.

The change comes following the license to the name expiring recently, requiring them to seek other non-listed names. Marketing manager, Stephanie Apostolopoulos says rebranding was necessary.

“We only had license to the BOCA for twelve months – essentially the rebranding in naming and visual identity was required,” she told Neos Kosmos.

Delphi Bank formally relaunched itself at the Sofitel Hotel in Melbourne Thursday night with invited guests being treated to drinks, food and a live jazz band. The bank is hoping to build on the strong connection it has to the Greek community with the new name.

Delphi is the ancient city home to the famous Delphic Oracle which would relay cryptic messages to those who asked her questions. CEO George Tacticos says the new name fits well with the company’s outlook. “Delphi Bank represents three important pillars we have worked hard to cement: business, community and family,” Mr Tacticos says.

“The name Delphi Bank represents a journey of growth and opportunity and it has an important link with our Hellenic culture” Delphi bank is a member of Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank and has been in Australia for more than 10 years.

Mike Hirst, the Managing Director of Bendigo and Adelaide Banks says the brand is a valuable addition to the bank’s overall brand offering. “Delphi Bank has a unique value proposition for the Hellenic community and works to strengthen the groups overall position,” he said.

“The Delphi Bank brand – and indeed their business and value proposition- is completely in line with our community Bank model, as many customers choose to bank with us due to our understanding and engagement with the local community and our commitment to our customer.” Delphi Bank operates in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia.

Perth’s sea level on the rise three times the global average

Source: News

cottesloe beach

ON THE RISE: Perth’s sea level is on the rise, three times faster than the global average.Picture: Ross Swanborough Source: PerthNow

SEA levels on the Perth coastline are rising at three times the global average, the latest State of Australian Cities report shows.

In a statistic that federal Infrastructure Minister Anthony Albanese described as “disturbing” and “extraordinary”, readings since 1993 have indicated sea levels are rising by between 9mm and 10mm per year.

The global average is around three millimetres per year.

With temperatures rising and rainfall falling, environmental changes are having little effect on the numbers of people moving to Perth, with the city population growing by 2.6 per cent since 2001 – making it the fastest growing capital in the country.

That expanding population was having little impact on transport habits, with almost 80 per cent of people still travelling to work by car and only 12 per cent by public transport.

Perth also has the lowest proportion of people walking to work of Australia’s capitals, with only 2.6 per cent of people leaving their car or bike at home.

In 2011, Perth also experienced 50 days over 35C, which was the peak of a three-year spike in temperatures.

Perth mayor Lisa Scaffidi said the report highlighted major issues the city would deal with in the next decade.

“The worsening traffic congestion we are experiencing should act as a wake-up call to us all,” Ms Scaffidi said.

“And of particular concern in the State of Australian Cities report is the observation that Perth has experienced a reduction in average annual rainfall between 1952 and 2011, so obviously we all need to be smarter in terms of building design and water efficiency.”

Minister Tom Koutsantonis outlines plan to develop infrastructure to drive expansion of SA’s mining and energy sector

Support for Resources and Energy Infrastructure Development

Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy Tom Koutsantonis today outlined a comprehensive plan to support the development of infrastructure required to drive expansion of the state’s mining and energy sector.

In launching the State Government’s response to the Resources and Energy Sector Infrastructure Council (RESIC) recommendations arising from the 2011 Infrastructure Demand Study (IDS), Mr Koutsantonis said strategic planning is key to our success.

“This cross-government approach will ensure government agencies work with industry to support the development of infrastructure we know is needed to keep driving our economic expansion,” Mr Koutsantonis said.

“Growth of the resources sector puts South Australia in a position to become even stronger economically and more able to provide the essential services that all South Australians deserve.

“Infrastructure to further support development is key. And the RESIC recommendations underpin the $35 billion of mining and energy resources projects identified in the IDS, that could come into operation during the next 10-15 years.

“By commissioning the IDS and then undertaking consultation with industry and the community on RESIC’s recommendations, we have identified priorities and also determined what is needed to demonstrate a sound business case for investors.

“The community consultation process on the recommendations involved public meetings at Port Pirie, Whyalla, Port Lincoln and in Adelaide and it received 35 written responses–with all findings released in August in an independent analysis report.

“We have broadly endorsed RESIC’s recommendations and will now continue work to ensure we have the frameworks in place to see infrastructure developed.
The recommendations propose a range of priorities including investigating:
● investigating the development of strategic infrastructure corridors and utility hubs; ● investigating deep sea ports and transport infrastructure options,
● facilitating electricity transmission and;
● attracting investment to support the sector.

Yanni tour cancelled for January 2013

Source: Chuggentertainment.com

large image for item

Chugg Entertainment today announced that regretfully, the Yanni tour scheduled for January next year would no longer go ahead. Yanni and his entire orchestra and crew are very disappointed that the Australia/New Zealand tour has to be cancelled at this time. They credit a lot of people for working hard to make the tour happen and are all very disappointed that the tour is not going to go ahead at this time, but are looking forward to coming to Australia and New Zealand sometime in the future.

AUCKLAND
For all tickets booked online or by phone, the credit card used in the booking will automatically be refunded. Please allow up to 5 days to receive your refund. %u2028If you made your booking at a Ticketmaster outlet please return to the original outlet where the booking was made with your ticket(s) and credit card used to purchase in hand to obtain your refund.

SYDNEY & MELBOURNE
For all tickets booked online or by phone, the credit card used in the booking will automatically be refunded. Please allow up to 5 days to receive your refund. If the original credit card you used for the purchase has been cancelled or no longer valid (eg: prepaid Visa / Mastercard), please contact uson 136 100 by 5pm on Friday 7 December to arrange a refund cheque.

If you made your booking at a Ticketmaster outlet please return to the original outlet where the booking was made with your ticket(s) and credit card used to purchase in hand to obtain your refund.

BRISBANE, ADELAIDE & PERTH
All tickets for the following shows will be refunded (including your ticket insurance premium, if relevant). Check below for the relevant refund information.

  • Brisbane Entertainment Centre – Tue 15 January 2013
  • Adelaide Entertainment Centre – Wed 23 January 2013
  • Perth Arena – Sun 27 January 2013

Credit Cards & Visa or Mastercard Debit Cards
———————————————
If you purchased tickets by credit card or using a Visa or Mastercard debit card, a full refund will be processed to the card that was used for the purchase. Please allow up to a 10 working days for the refund to appear in your account.

Please note you are not required to return your tickets for these shows as they have been cancelled and the tickets will not be valid for any other event.

Cash & EFTPOS
————-
Cash/EFTPOS refunds are available at Head Office agencies (see below for locations) or by post only.

*Please note, refunds are not available at Westfield agencies.

Brisbane
——–
Head Office Agency Brisbane, Shop 95, Myer Centre, Elizabeth St Brisbane

Refunds will only be provided to the original purchaser with photo identification.

If returning tickets by post please send them to the following address and include a small note outlining your request, along with a return postal address, and a cheque will be issued (for cash purchases):

Ticketek Cancelled Show
Yanni
GPO Box 4000
Brisbane QLD 4001

Adelaide
——–
Head Office Agency Adelaide, Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Hindmarsh

Refunds will only be provided to the original purchaser with photo identification.

If returning tickets by post please send them to the following address and include a small note outlining your request, along with a return postal address, and a cheque will be issued (for cash purchases):

Ticketek Cancelled Show
Yanni
PO Box 596
Hindmarsh SA 5007

Perth
—–
Head Office Agency Perth, Crown Perth, Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood

Head Office Agency Subiaco, Regal Theatre, 474 Hay St, Subiaco

Refunds will only be provided to the original purchaser with photo identification.

If returning tickets by post please send them to the following address and include a small note outlining your request, along with a return postal address, and a cheque will be issued (for cash purchases):

Ticketek Cancelled Show
Yanni
PO Box 210
Burswood WA 6100

ΤΟ Fix Live άνοιξε τις πόρτες του Γιάννη Πλούταρχου στην Θεσσαλονίκη

Η ημέρα που όλοι οι θαυμαστές και φίλοι του Γιάννη Πλούταρχου περίμεναν έφτασε και η πολυαναμενόμενη έναρξη των εμφανίσεών του στην Θεσσαλονίκη πραγματοποιήθηκε την Παρασκευή 30 Νοεμβρίου.

ΤΟ Fix Live άνοιξε τις πόρτες του και υποδέχτηκε όλο τον κόσμο που παραβρέθηκε στην πρεμιέρα του αγαπημένου μας ερμηνευτή.

Το πρόγραμμα ξεκίνησε λίγο πριν τα μεσάνυχτα με την εμφάνιση του Ιωακείμ Φωκά και την σκυτάλη παρέλαβαν η Ελεάνα Παπαϊωάννου και ο Κώστας Μαρτάκης οι οποίοι συμπληρώνουν το καλλιτεχνικό σχήμα.

Οι θαυμαστές του Γιάννη Πλούταρχου περίμεναν με ιδιαίτερη χαρά την μεγάλη τους συνάντηση ξανά με τον αγαπημένο τους καλλιτέχνη ο οποίος εμφανίστηκε στην πίστα λίγο μετά την μία τα μεσάνυχτα.

Μετά το πρώτο τραγούδι ευχαρίστησε το κοινό με τον δικό του ξεχωριστό τρόπο χαρίζοντάς τους ένα μοναδικό πρόγραμμα όπως σε κάθε του εμφάνιση.

Το κοινό φανερά ενθουσιασμένο δεν σταμάτησε στιγμή να χειροκροτεί τον αγαπημένο μας καλλιτέχνη και να τραγουδάει μαζί του όλες τις μεγάλες επιτυχίες του, ο οποίος επεφύλασε και μία έκπληξη στο κοινό καθώς ερμήνευσε αρκετά από τα νέα του τραγούδια τα οποία θα περιληθφθούν στο νέο του cd με τίτλο “Κάτω απ’τον ίδιο ήλιο” το οποίο θα κυκλοφορήσει λίγο μετά τις γιορτές.

Το πρόγραμμα συνεχίστηκε μέχρι τις πρώτες πρωινές ώρες με την διάθεση του κοινού στα ύψη και τον Γιάννη Πλούταρχο να χαρίζει στον κόσμο μοναδικές ερμηνείες.

Ο Γιάννης Πλούταρχος ευχαρίστησε για ακόμη μία φορα όλο τον κόσμο για την αγάπη του, την παρουσία του και την θερμή υποδοχή τους, όπως άλλωστε κάνουν κάθε φορά που ο αγαπημένος μας τραγουδιστής επισκέπτεται την πόλη της Θεσσαλονίκης.

Η διασκέδαση στην όμορφη Θεσσαλονίκη μόλις ξεκίνησε….

Φωτογραφικό υλικό μπορείτε να απολαύσετε στο

http://www.yannis-ploutarchos.gr/

καθώς και video: